A traineeship is a short course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It is a partnership between Wirral Met College and host employers.
A traineeship with one of Wirral Met College’s partner employers will provide you with high quality work experience. You will develop your English and maths skills, whilst learning how to prepare for work by improving your communication and interview skills.
Traineeship placement opportunties are available in a wide range of industries and job roles, including:
- Digital Marketing Specialist (x5)
- Painting and Decorating (multiple vacancies)
- Various construction positions with local companies
- Business Admin (office based)
- Business Admin (online)
- Mobile Applications Developer
- Digital Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Web Applications Developer
- Social Media Manager
- E-Commerce Assistant
- E-Commerce Copywriter
- Safety, health and Environment Technician
- Commis Chef
- Lab technician
For example you could spend your traineeship working in a busy restaurant or hotel, completing business administration tasks in an office or learning new skills at a construction site.
Traineeships are an ideal opportunity for young people who are motivated to get a job but lack the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Those who have been unsuccessful when applying for an apprenticeship or other position due to a lack of skills and experience are most likely be good candidates for a traineeship.
Traineeships last anything from 6 weeks to 6 months with the content tailored to the needs of the business and the individual.
A traineeship could be suitable if:
- you're aged 16 - 24
- you're unemployed (or work less than 16 hours per week) and have little work experience
- you think you'll be ready for employment within six months of starting a traineeship
Where can I progress to?
Upon completion of a traineeship programme, all participants are guaranteed either a job interview (if a relevant position is available), or an exit interview that will provide valuable feedback to help them towards securing an apprenticeship or employment.
How do I apply?
Traineeship opportunities are available throughout the year - you can apply now by following this link. For more information, please call us on 0151 551 7777.