Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The Level 2 qualification in Team Leading is designed for practising or aspiring team leaders or supervisors who wish to develop their leadership and management knowledge and skills.
The Level 2 qualification in Team Leading is structured to support three
different sized qualifications to support student aspirations and career
- Diploma — one full academic year to complete seven modules.
- Certificate — 16 weeks to complete four modules.
- Award — 6 weeks to complete one module.
- There are several enrolment dates throughout the academic year, which the lecturers will discuss at interview.
The qualification will be delivered as a hybrid model, meaning that students will attend a mixture of online and in-person sessions at regular intervals. Students are expected to complete weekly set activities and assessment work independently, however they will be allocated a tutor to provide support throughout the duration of the course.
Students will develop a range of skills, including effective team leading, improving problem solving skills, effective decision making and a wider understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a team leader.
Areas covered by the qualification include:
- Being a team leader
- Monitoring team performance
- Building work relationships
- Developing team needs
Relevant Level 1 qualification or minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade 3/D or above.
Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
You will be required to complete a written assignment at the end of each module. There are no exams.
Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is a professional body — and the only chartered body
- for management and leadership. Once registered for this qualification, you will automatically become a studying member, and upon completion will be eligible to become an Affiliate member.
Starting 5th September 2023 - Ending - 23rd June 2024
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £250.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 23/24.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form