Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course provides learners with opportunities to develop the essential knowledge, skills and behaviours needed for progression within further education.
This course will introduce you to a range of basic techniques and skills needed for a career in the music industry. While studying this course, you will have opportunities to develop your knowledge and skills in the areas of music performance and production. You will also have access to a range of subject specialist resources and facilities including a recording studio, rehearsal studios and a music production suite.
- Being Organised
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Designing Technical Support
- Performing a Piece of Music
- Rehearsing for a Performance
Relevant Entry Level qualification or 3 GCSEs at Grade 2/E or above.
Satisfactory interview and music audition, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Students enrolled onto this course will require the following equipment:
- Musical instrument (e.g. Guitar or Drumsticks)
- USB portable storage device
- General stationary
This course is assessed internally using coursework and externally verified.
At the interview you need to:
- Show evidence of current or predicted GCSE results.
- Show that you are motivated and commited with good attendance and punctuality.
- Present a school report from your current or most recent education provider (if available).
- Present a positive school reference from your current or most recent education provider (if available).
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths (grade 4 and above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips.
Starting 5th September 2022 - Ending - 28th June 2023
|Monday||09:00 — 15:00||12 Quays Main Building|
|Wednesday||10:00 — 16:00||12 Quays Main Building|
|Friday||13:00 — 14:00||Online|
|Friday||10:00 — 12:00||12 Quays Main Building|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
This is a full level 2 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form