Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The aim of this qualification is to prepare you to work with children between birth and five years with knowledge of children up to seven years.
The course is rewarding, challenging and requires a great deal of commitment and motivation. Workplace experience is an integral part of the course In order to aid holistic delivery and assessment the units are structured around the following four themes:
- Theme 1: Introducing the role of the Early Years Practitioner
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school
- Theme 4: Professional development
- It is essential that the candidate is already in a placement and has at least 3 months continuous experience working a minimum of 12 hours per week before commencing on the programme. Personal roles and responsibilities within the setting will be discussed in detail at interview.
- A letter from your placement provider confirming roles and responsibilities will be required prior to interview.
- You must have read the setting's Child Protection Policy and understand your role within this prior to interview.
- A minimum Level 1 English is required.
- You will require skills to communicate with children at various stages in their development and with teachers, parents, carers and other professionals.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.Office use only. Non Standard 14b.
To be discussed at interview.
Throughout your course you will be supported by a Trainer Assessor who will complete observations at your workplace. Assessment is via e-portfolio.
Purchase of course text books is recommended. Your trainer assessor will identify your particular learning and support needs in order to assist you in your studies.
When you have successfully completed your course you may be able to progress (although not automatic and ensuring Level 3 entry requirements are met) into the CACHE Level 3 Early Years Educator qualifications and other Level 3 qualifications relating to childcare.
There are also many employment opportunities in the Childcare and Education sector, such as Early Years Practitioner, Classroom assistant, Pre-school assistant and Nanny.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
Dates are available throughout the year
You can also apply for this course to start in September 2023 - click apply and select 'September 23 start'
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £640.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form