Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course has been designed to help you to develop knowledge, understanding and skills in general Digital Industry subjects. This is a broad based qualification that provides you with the opportunity to progress towards further academic study or employment.
This programme consists of a range of units studied over one year. The units you will study will be from the following:
- Information Technology Systems
- Create and Manage Information
- Using Social Media in Business
Plus 2 optional units which your tutor will confirm, for example:
- Data Modelling
- Website Development
- Mobile Apps Development
- Computer Games Development
Priority will be given to applicants who are 16-18 years old.
4 GCSEs at grade 9-4 (A*-C), including English Language and Maths.
Relevant Level 2 qualification at merit or distinction and English Language and Maths at grade 9-4 (A*-C).
Satisfactory interview, assessment and school report or reference.
You will apply your learning and demonstrate your knowledge through the completion of practical assessments in the form of internally assessed assignments and externally assessed tasks and written exams.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (Grade 4 or above)
- To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities. We will provide these for your use whilst in College, but to enhance your learning experience further we require you to make a contribution to trips throughout the year. Do you need support with the cost of this?
Successful completion of the course will provide the opportunity for students to progress to the Extended Diploma in IT.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
If you are aged 19+ and living in the Liverpool City Region (inc Wirral), many courses will be free. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, this course may be free. Terms & conditions apply.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £2850.00
This is a full level 3 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 23/24.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form