Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
Growth in the digital sector is nearly six times larger than growth across the UK economy as a whole contributing more than £400 million to the UK economy a day (Gov.Uk 2020).
The T Level Digital Support Services qualification will equip you with the skills, knowledge and industry experience to start your journey in this thriving sector.
Designed by industry leaders the T Level combines hands on learning, academic study and a minimum 45-day industry placement.
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in digital infrastructure and support.
On this course you will develop a general understanding of digital infrastructure:
- how digital technologies impact business and market environment
- the ethical and moral implications of digital technology
- using data in software design
- using digital technologies to analyse and solve problems
- digital environments, including physical, virtual and cloud environments
- legal and regulatory obligations relating to digital technologies
- the privacy and confidentiality of personal data
- the technical, physical and human aspects of internet security
- planning digital projects
- testing software, hardware and data
- digital tools for project management and collaboration
You will learn about topics specific to Digital Support Services:
- Roles within the digital support services sector
- Communication in digital support services
- Fault analysis and problem resolution
There is also the opportunity to specialise in one of the following areas:
- digital infrastructure
- network cabling
- unified communications
- digital support
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A* - C/9 - 4, including English Language, Maths and an IT-related GCSE such as IT, Computing or Computer Science.
Two written examinations, an employer-set project and synoptic assignments. Every student must also complete and pass their placement in order to achieve the qualification.
Students are required to complete and pass all components to achieve their qualification.
A key component of this course is an extended work experience placement, totalling 45 days over the two year programme. Wirral Met have excellent links with employers within the digital sector and will work with you to find the right placement for you.
Students who achieve this qualification can progress either on to university, a higher level apprenticeship, or enter into the following job roles depending on the specialism you choose when completing the course:
- Digital support technician
- Infrastructure technician
- IT solutions technician
- Network cable installer
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
Starting 5th September 2022 - Ending - 28th June 2024
|Monday||09:00 — 11:00||12 Quays Main Building|
|Thursday||09:00 — 17:00||12 Quays Main Building|
|Friday||09:00 — 16:00||12 Quays Main Building|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form