Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
City and Guilds 2391-52 combines all of the elements of Initial Verification and Periodic Inspection and Testing.
This City & Guilds qualification is aimed at practicing electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying or who require some update of training. This qualification helps you to develop the knowledge and practical skills required to professionally install and carry out initial verification and periodic inspection and testing on electrical installations. It is expected that suitable candidates have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles and experience of electrical installation work. This is an essential skill for any electrical installer.
The course consists of the following
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Requirements for testing energised installations
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection and testing & commissioning
- Inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Commissioning electrotechnical systems and equipment
- Requirements for inspecting, testing and recording the condition of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the periodic inspection of electrical installations
- The differences between periodic inspections and initial verifications
- Requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service
- Understand and interpret test results
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation
- How to confirm safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- How to carry out inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- How to test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- How to produce a condition report with recording observations and classifications
Electrical Installation level 3 and at least 3 years experience.
Satisfactory interviewOffice Use Only. Non Standard 22.5
On attendance of the course, you will need to bring the following:
- IET Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018
- Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, HSE (HSR25, available as a free download)
- IET Guidance Note 3
- IET On-site Guide BS 7671:2018
- Complete a short written assignment completed whilst on the course
- Successfully complete one online multiple choice open book exam
- Successfully complete one practical assignment
All candidates should have knowledge of basic electrical science and experience of electrical installations and testing (limited time is allocated during the course for practical testing so candidates should already possess these skills which are required for the practical assessment)
In addition to onsite experience of inspection and testing, delegates should have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles and experience of electrical installation work. We also recommend for candidates to hold the City & Guilds 18th Edition Wiring Regulations qualification although this is not a mandatory requirement.
If you are aged 19 or over:
There are no discounts available for this course
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £950.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 21/22.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form