Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This Level 3 AutoCAD AME Digital Bootcamp programme centres around the re-skilling/upskilling Trainees in the field of AutoCAD to enable them to gain a suitable positive employment outcomes.
The training content aligns to the knowledge and skills required for job roles in AutoCAD such as, CAD Technician, Digital CAD Designer, Digital Architect, Design Engineer. Including participation in the college annual Industry Week event, which includes industry speakers and business challenges.
This programme also aligns with ST0164 — Engineering Design and Draughtsperson Apprenticeship Standard available via: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeshipstandards/ engineering-design-and-draughtsperson
Completed trainees to continue to be able to access employment opportunities through the college for up to 6 months following completion of the digital bootcamp programme.
Course split into x2 essential modules and assessed / evidenced via completion of the following Learning Outcomes:
Module 1 - Engineering Drawing for Technicians
Satisfactory interview and skills scan assessment.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Please also note:
Who can register interest?
Anyone who is:
- Living in the Liverpool City Region (Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens or Wirral)
- Aged 19+
- Registered unemployed within the last 12 months, or looking to return to work after some time out
- Employed part time looking to re-skill or change career
- Employed full time needing digital skills to significantly change your role with your current employer (in this scenario, your employer is required to register interest)
- A fully funded digital skills training programme (equivalent to at least Level 3 standard), lasting up to 16 weeks
- An opportunity to receive careers guidance and support to gain a job interview
- Flexible training, to allow you to take part if you are currently in work, looking for work or have caring or other responsibilities
Modern specification laptop able to run AutoCAD software (college laptop loan scheme also available throughout the duration of the programme), internet access (home connection), lever arch file pens, pencils and paper etc.
You will be assessed through a number practical tests and observations after completion of each learning outcome / module.
There will be a requirement to attend 3 days (bootcamp sessions) within Feb half-term
You could also progress onto the following Wirral Met course: Engineering Design and Draughtsperson Advanced Apprenticeship - E178
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
|Monday||09:30 — 16:30||12 Quays Main Building|
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 21/22.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form