Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This work-related course is taught through a mix of practical and theory using our newly equipped STEM Centre to help you learn about rapidly developing engineering technologies e.g. rapid prototyping, 3D Printing and robotics. It will provide you with a solid foundation in key aspects of modern engineering and is one of the recommended pathways for those seeking a career in the creative and well paid field of engineering.
This work-related course is taught through a mix of practical and theory using our newly equipped STEM Centre to help you learn about rapidly developing engineering technologies e.g. rapid prototyping, 3D Printing and Robotics.
It will provide you with a solid foundation in key aspects of modern engineering and is one of the recommended pathways for those seeking a career in the creative and well paid field of engineering.
Also, this course will help you to improve your maths, English and ICT, plus develop the personal and social skills which employers look for.
You will be given support and guidance throughout your learning journey and your progress will be reviewed with you regularly.
Units you will study are:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Computer-aided Drafting in Engineering
Laptop (bursery / loan scheme available), home internet access (use of college study zone available on request), lever arch file pens, pencils and paper etc.
You will be assessed mainly by completion of assignments and coursework.
Students need the maturity, independence and motivation to attend college regularly and on time, participate to the best of their ability and behave in a responsible manner.
Your skills in Mathematics, English and ICT will be developed throughout the course.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths (grade 4 and above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips.
- BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge)
- Entry into technical or other employment
- Progression to an advanced apprenticeship in Engineering
Starting 4th January 2023 - Ending - 28th June 2023
|Monday||09:00 — 16:00||12 Quays Main Building|
|Tuesday||10:00 — 17:00||12 Quays Main Building|
|Wednesday||09:00 — 15:00||12 Quays Main Building|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
If you are aged 19+ and living in the Liverpool City Region (inc Wirral), many courses will be free. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, this course may be free. Terms & conditions apply.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £2500.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form