Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
This course develops those skills necessary to train for work as a welder. It covers basic to intermediate techniques required for the modern engineering industry.
The award consists of five units:
- Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Preparing and Using Manual Metal Arc Welding Equipment
- Preparing and Using Manual MIG, MAG and Other Continuous Wire Welding Equipment
- All units have workshop content.
- No previous experience in fabrication and welding is needed
- Applicants will need to demonstrate basic English and maths skills at Entry level or above
- IT skills would be beneficial
- Satisfactory interview and assessment (including manual dexterity)
- If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Protective clothing such as boots and overalls will be required for workshop practice.
Students will be individually action planned and reviewed throughout the course.
Starting 3rd May 2023 - Ending - 5th July 2023
|Wednesday||18:00 — 21:00||12 Quays Main Building|
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £395.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form