Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
If you are interested in this course after September, please contact the Student Advisers on 551 7777.
During this course you will study beauty therapy skills which will enable you to assist the Beauty Therapist in a salon. This is a good introduction to level 2.
The level 1 Certificate in Beauty Therapy will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to provide basic facial skincare and make-up treatments for clients, as well as basic manicure and pedicure treatments for the hands and feet. You will gain an insight into working with others in the hair and beauty sector, and knowledge of health, safety and hygiene requirements. You will also have the opportunity to learn about the creative and specialist aspects of beauty therapy such as nail art.
You will cover the following:
- Health & safety
- Facial Skin Care
- Nail Art
- This is a study programme for students that are 16-18 years.
- 3 GCSEs at Grade 2/E or above or a relevant Entry Level qualification.
- A genuine interest in Beauty Therapy and an ability to communicate 1:1 with clients.
- Ability to complete fine work on clients e.g. accurate use of eye liner pencil or nail varnish brush.
- You must be prepared to give and receive treatments to/from other students on your course.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of
equipment to undertake particular activities as part of your studies. These will
be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in
your future career.
Equipment / Uniform required for this course:
- Basic Kit £74.86
- Uniform £45
- Record of Achievement Book £20
NB prices correct as of 29.07.21
If you need support with these costs, don't worry. Click on the link below and complete a bursary application form: https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans
You will be assessed practically and by completing theory work. In addition to this there is a VTCT online exam.
You will need to provide a character reference or school report.
An interview for all candidates will be arranged with a member of the teaching team where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs.
You will need to purchase a uniform, following the College uniform policy (approximately £50) to include a face mask. You will need to purchase a kit to allow you to practice your skills at home (approximately £50).
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as VTCT Certificate or Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work and trips
|Monday||09:00 — 15:00||Conway Park|
|Tuesday||09:00 — 15:00||Conway Park|
|Wednesday||10:00 — 16:00||Conway Park|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £450.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form