Or Contact Student Services to book a place
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety qualification is designed for anyone who has fire safety responsibilities in a small to medium sized organisation. It provides the knowledge and understanding, when combined with relevant experience, to carry out an effective fire risk assessment, as well as embed good practice in the workplace. On completion of the qualification, you will be able to:
- ensure your organisation meets its fire safety responsibilities
- understand the risk to people and buildings from fire and explosion hazards
- recognise what control measures will be required to prevent or mitigate the effects of fire and explosion
- recognise what should be included in emergency plans
- recognise what should be done to ensure the effective evacuation of buildings
- prepare a fire risk assessment
The course covers the following fire safety issues:
- Managing fire safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Fuel, oxygen and ignition sources and control measures
- Fire protection of buildings
- Safety of people in the event of fire
- Fire safety risk assessment
No formal qualifications required.
Ideally you should have at least two years experience in any area of work and have a level 2 English qualification or equivalent.
The standard of English required by the candidates studying for this award must be such that they can both understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. If English is not your first language you should be qualified to IELTS 6.0 or higher. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
FSC1 is assessed by an on-line Open Book Examination (OBE), which includes theoretical and practical application questions. FSC2 is assessed by a risk assessment exercise.
These two units must be combined with NEBOSH unit NGC1 to gain the full NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management. See separate leaflets for details. A unit certificate is issued denoting successful achievement of each unit. A Certificate award parchment is issued on completion of all three units. Courses are offered as either 4 weeks or 14 weeks.
Book a Place
Starting 11th January 2023 - Ending - 18th January 2023
|Wednesday||09:00 — 16:30||Hamilton Campus|
If you are aged 19 or over:
There are no discounts available for this course
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £625.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form