Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course has been developed to meet employment opportunities within the sport and exercise industry, or progression into higher education.
Areas of study may include:
- Practical individual Sports
- Sport in Society
- Research methods
- Fitness testing
- Training and fitness
- Practical team sports
- Work experience
- Research project
- Exercise health and lifestyle
- Sports massage
- Sports injuries
- Sports coaching
- Outdoor and adventurous activities
- Biomechanics and nutrition
Residential weeks are also incorporated into the course further information will be provided by course tutors in induction week.
- Priority will be given to students aged 16-18 yrs old
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above (Maths, English and Science) or
- BTEC First Diploma in a related subject (Minimum Merit grade expected)
- Satisfactory interview to assess motivation, previous experience if applicable, communication skills, career planning
- Satisfactory reference
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities as part of your studies. To further enhance your learning experience the following will be required: Uniform £60 Trips £50 If you need support with these costs, don't worry, click on the link below and complete a bursary application form. https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans Equipment purchased will be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in your future career. N.B. prices correct as of 23/06/2021
There will be continuous assessment by a variety of methods including assignments, projects, practical exercises, group work and presentations.
You will be required to contribute financially to some of the cost of trips, visits and residentials, although these will be kept as low as possible. More information will be given at interview.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
Starting 2nd September 2024 - Ending - 27th June 2026
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £3200.00
This is a full level 3 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 23/24.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form