Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This Level 3 course is a technical level qualification that will develop your knowledge, understanding and technical skills needed for a career in sport and the active leisure industry as a personal trainer in gym-based exercise.
This qualification is approved and endorsed by CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity).
The course covers:
- Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness
- Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change
- Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
- The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health
- Understanding lifestyle, health, well-being and common medical conditions
- Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviour in clients
- Programme design and delivery for personal training
- Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers
Relevant Level 1 qualification or minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade 3/D or above.
Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
The course is assessed using a combination of practical and portfolio-based activities.
Working in gym environment
Short courses to enhance qualification portfolio ie kettlebells, circuit training, group exercise and studio spinning
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
Starting 6th September 2022 - Ending - 27th June 2023
|Tuesday||17:00 — 21:00||Oval Campus|
If you are aged 19 or over:
If you are aged 19+ and living in the Liverpool City Region (inc Wirral), many courses will be free. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, this course may be free. Terms & conditions apply.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form