Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This study programme has been designed for those who have a passionate interest in the travel, tourism and aviation industries. These industries are rapidly changing and therefore they are always looking to recruit employees with an enthusiastic approach to working with people. The qualification will not only provide you with UCAS points for entry into higher education, but will provide invaluable experience to prepare you for working in Visitor Attractions, Tour Guiding, Hospitality, Passenger Airlines, Event Planning, Overseas Resorts, Cruise lIners and Travel Agencies (see additional information for further details) .
Areas of Study Year 1:
- Unit 1: The UK Travel and Tourism Industry
- Unit 2: Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
- Unit 3: Preparing for a Career in Travel and Tourism
- Unit 4: Travel and Tourism Destinations
- Unit 5: UK Visitor Attraction
- Unit 6: Hospitality in Travel and Tourism
- Unit 11: Marketing for Travel and Tourism
- Unit 16: Worldwide Passenger Airlines
- Unit 17: The Cruise Industry
Areas of Study Year 2:
- Unit 9: Travel Agency Operations
- Unit 10: The UK Conference and Event Industry
- Unit 13: Resort Rep — Roles and Responsibilities
- Unit 14: Investigating Airline Cabin Crew
- Unit 19: Responsible Tourism
- Unit 20: Specialist Tourism
- Unit 18: UK Heritage Tourist Attractions
- Unit 22: Storytelling for Tourism
- Unit 23: Tour Guiding
Each unit is assessed and will receive pass, merit or distinction grades.
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old.
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs grades 9-4 / A* - C (including English Language and Mathematics) or equivalent Level 2 qualifications.
- Satisfactory interview.
- Satisfactory reference/school report.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular enrichment activities as part of your studies. To further enhance your learning experience the following will be required: Uniform £40 Educational Visits £125 If you need support with these costs, don't worry, click on the link below and complete a bursary application form. https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans Equipment purchased will be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in your future career. N.B. prices correct as of 23/06/2021
This is an assignment based course with elements of practical assessment throughout.
This is a two year programme aimed at students who have the enthusiasm to work alongside people from all walks of life and those who possibly want to travel as part of your career. The course also provides students with a fantastic opportunity to take part in a range of educational trips and visits as well as participate in International Work Experience (recent visits have included Malta, Granada and Seville).
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
Starting 5th September 2022 - Ending - 29th May 2024
|Monday||09:00 — 15:00||Conway Park|
|Tuesday||13:00 — 16:00||Conway Park|
|Wednesday||10:00 — 16:00||Conway Park|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
If you are aged 19+ and living in the Liverpool City Region (inc Wirral), many courses will be free. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, this course may be free. Terms & conditions apply.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £6200.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form