Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
On this course you will cover brickwork, health and safety, storing resources & materials, construction information, quantities, reading drawings and thin joint masonry. It consists of a mixture of practical work and theory.
- C&G 201 Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- C&G 202 Principles of Building Construction, Information and Communication
- C&G 203 Producing Thin Joint Masonry and Masonry Cladding
- C&G 204 Building Solid Walling, Isolated and Attached Piers
- C&G 205 Interpreting Working Drawings to Set Out Masonry Structures
- C&G 206 Construct Cavity Walling Forming Masonry Structures
This is a Study Programme for those aged 16-18 years of age.
Relevant level 1 qualification or minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade 3/D or above and relevant practical experience.
Satisfactory interview, school report and / or reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities as part of your studies. To further enhance your learning experience the following will be required: Personal Protective Equipment - £40 Educational Visits - £35 If you need support with these costs, don't worry, click on the link below and complete a bursary application form. https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans Equipment purchased will be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in your future career. N.B. prices correct as of 23/06/2021
Assessment will be completed by practical and online tests.
The course requires manual dexterity and physical stamina. You will need to lift and handle tools and materials.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (or grade 4 and above).
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £1275.00
This is a full level 2 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form