Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course covers skills necessary to identify requirements for installing, commissioning, testing and maintaining Mechanical Engineering Services - Plumbing systems.
- Health and safety in Building Services Engineering
- Electrical principles and processes for Building Services Engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
- Understand how to communicate with others within Building Services Engineering
- Relevant Level 1 qualification or some applicants can be considered on their individual skills and experience.
- Applicants should have GCSE Grade 3/D in maths and English or demonstrate the ability to work at Level 1.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.Office use only. Non Standard 20.
Steel-toecap safety footwear, overalls, paper, files and folders are essential for the course. It is also advisable to purchase a number of text books that will be required for the course and future reference.
Practical assessment and module knowledge test.
Practical assessments will concentrate on safety, copper tube, soil and waste, and maintenance. Underpinning knowledge questions will be used during practical assessments to check the candidate's knowledge and understanding.
You will be expected to maintain a portfolio of evidence in the form of a Practical Task Manual, which requires some written responses to be inserted.
The course can be very demanding and regular attendance is essential, and expected, to satisfactory completion and subsequent award.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
|Monday||18:00 — 21:00||Wirral Waters|
|Tuesday||18:00 — 21:00||Wirral Waters|
You can also apply for this course to start in September 2023 - click apply and select 'September 23 start'
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £1590.00
This is a full level 2 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form