Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course is designed to give you the skills you need to either progress to higher education or into employment. The range of careers that you can progress into include: Police, Fire Service, Security, Prison Service, Armed Services, Maritime and Coastguard Agency and UK Border Agency.
Areas of study will include:
- Government, Policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Public Services
- Physical Preparation, Health and Lifestyle for the Public Services
- Volunteering in Public Services
In addition you will gain Information Technology skills and will have the opportunity to make use of all the College I.T. facilities. An important part of the programme will be talks and demonstrations by visiting speakers from Public Services, and visits to various Public Service establishments.
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old.
- Relevant BTEC Level 2 Diploma/Certificate (MERIT or DISTINCTION) or four GCSEs at grade A* - C (grade 4 or above), preferably including English and maths.
- Successful completion of a fitness assessment.
- Satisfactory interview and school report and/or satisfactory reference.
- If English is not your first language, you may need an English Language assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the English Language Unit on 0151 551 7144.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities. We will provide these for your use whilst in College, But as part of Professional requirements of the course you will be required to wear a uniform. Do you need support with the cost of this?
Course work. Details to be discussed at interview.
You will be required to contribute financially to some of the cost of trips, visits and residentials, although these will be kept as low as possible. More information will be given at interview.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
- At the end of the course, you could progress to higher education or employment. Most of the Public Services have their own entry tests, but the requirements for them will be considered during the course.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
If you are aged 19+ and living in the Liverpool City Region (inc Wirral), many courses will be free. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, this course may be free. Terms & conditions apply.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £4170.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 23/24.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form