We work with a variety of employers who provide placements for students to gain experience in their chosen field and develop practical or employability skills which are hard to gain in the classroom or workshop.
Work experience is vital to young people as it provides them real-life experiences within the workplace.
- Experience in the workplace and insight into jobs and sectors that they have an interest in
- Increased confidence, social and employability skills
- Experience to build their CVs
- Opportunities to progress onto paid employment with the company
- Gain skills from the on-the-job training which they may not get while studying.
Work experience is beneficial for employers:
- Young people offer fresh ideas and ways of thinking and can help you connect with the next generation
- It helps improve management skills within your organisation and support current employees gain the skills and experience to move into management roles
- It can support the growth of the business through recruitment of new team members
- It provides engagement with and support for your local community, whilst improving your company’s profile and reputation
New to September 2023 - 'CITB Into Work Grant'
The newly introduced CITB 'Into Work' Grant pays grants for completed work experience for an individual on an approved further education course, where the work experience started on or after 1 September 2023, and subsequent grant for three-months completed direct employment. This grant is a pilot until 31 March 2025.
T Levels and Industry Placement Support for Employers
T Levels are an alternative to A levels and apprenticeships, giving young people the technical and practical skills needed to be an asset in the workplace. T Levels combine classroom learning with a substantial industry placement.