Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
The Level 3 Extended Diploma in Photography provides learners with opportunities to develop a range of skills needed for a career in the lens-based media sector, while also supporting routes into higher education.
This level 3 course explores a diverse range of technical and creative disciplines within Photography.
Students will build a grounding foundation in both digital and film formats, developing skills that will enhance them to progress internally to our HND or HNC Photography programs, other HE courses or straight into the industry.
Students will learn how to use professional camera equipment, darkroom, studio and editing software.
Exploring a range of topics within photography such as, portraits, journalism, experimental and advertising. As well as looking into the work of key practitioners, learning how to analyse and critically reflect, both their own work and the work of others.
With opportunities to exhibit work, take part in workshops, meet guest speakers and trips, students will be able to explore and develop photography skills on this exciting and diverse course.
- This is a study programme and priority is for 16-18 year olds
- 4 GCSE's at grade 9 - 4/A* - C (including English and preferably Maths) or a relevant Level 2 qualification at Merit.
- Satisfactory interview including the presentation of a recent portfolio of photographs showing a range of techniques.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities as part of your studies. To further enhance your learning experience the following will be required: Photography Equipment such as SD cards, USB and portfolio etc. £85 If you need support with these costs, don't worry, click on the link below and complete a bursary application form. https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans Equipment purchased will be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in your future career. N.B. prices correct as of 23/06/2021
This course is assessed through a variety of written and practical assignments. There are no external exams.
At interview you will need to:
- Show evidence of current or predicted GCSE grades/qualifications.
- Show that you are a motivated and committed with good attendance and punctuality.
- Present a school report from your current or most recent place of education.
- Present a positive school reference from your current or most recent place of education.
Students will receive an Art and Design certificate on the successful completion of this diploma.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study Programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 yar old which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you dont already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (grade 4 and above).
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
Starting 4th September 2023 - Ending - 5th July 2025
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
If you are aged 19+ and living in the Liverpool City Region (inc Wirral), many courses will be free. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, this course may be free. Terms & conditions apply.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £7500.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 23/24.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form