Or Application Form & Reference Form to be returned to Student Services
Throughout this qualification you will develop your knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology, health and safety, client care, massage and facial treatments. you will develop a range of technical skills enabling you to provide a variety of electrotherapy treatments using different techniques
During the course you will spend most of your time in the salon working on one another and models.
You will study:
- Facial electrotherapy treatments
- body electrotherapy treatments
- Micro dermabrasion
- Anatomy & Physiology
How to promote an event:
- Team work
Developing skills such as working with others, improving own performance and problem solving form part of the course and should help you gain employment.
During your course there will be opportunities for attending National shows and exhibitions where you can see some of the main wholesalers and manufacturers of equipment and products.
- This is a Study Programme for students that are 16-18 years.
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy or equivalent.
- You need the skills in co-ordination e.g. delivering body massage treatments.
- You must be prepared to give and receive treatments from other students on your course.
- Satisfactory interview, assessment and reference or school report.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment to undertake particular activities as part of your studies. These will be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in your future career. Equipment / Uniform required for this course: Basic Kit £65 Uniform £45 Record of Achievement Book £20 NB prices correct as of 23rd June 2021 If you need support with these costs, don't worry. Click on the link below and complete a bursary application form. https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans
Assessments continue throughout the course both in practical and theory sessions. In addition there are VTCT online exams.
You will be expected to attend a work experience placement, this will help you gain experience and knowledge of the industry.
An interview for all candidates will be arranged with a member of the teaching team where you will have an opportunity to discuss the course and your individual needs.
You will need:
- An ability to communicate one to one e.g. to a tutor or customer and in a group as part of discussions.
- Reading & writing skills - You will need to produce written assignments and sit written exams.
- Whilst high levels of numeracy are not required, you will need to measure products, work within specific timings etc.
Are you aged 16-18?
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C (grade 4 or above) in English and maths
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
This profession and course requires you to be able to carry out physical work for long periods of time. Reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate disabilities.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
You could progress to these Wirral Met courses:
Starting 7th September 2022 - Ending - 28th June 2023
|Wednesday||10:00 — 13:00||Conway Park|
|Thursday||09:00 — 16:00||Conway Park|
|Friday||10:00 — 16:00||Conway Park|
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
If you are aged 19+ and living in the Liverpool City Region (inc Wirral), many courses will be free. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, this course may be free. Terms & conditions apply.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 22/23.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form