A new FREE level 3 course in Programming/Software Development has been launched for Liverpool City Region (LCR) employers and residents.
This accredited level 3 course focuses on the underpinning concepts and implications of programming to design, develop and test computer programmes. The course will run for one day per week (6 hours per day) for a total of 12 weeks, starting on Thursday 14th January 2021.
The course will include:
- Principles of computer programming;
- Design of software solutions;
- Computational thinking skills (problem solving)
Entry requirements: Applicants must have basic computer skills.
How do I apply?
To enrol, either as an employer or LCR resident, please follow the links below which will direct you to the application form.
Successful applicants will be contacted by the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority and Wirral Met College before the course starts on Thursday 7th January 2021.
Register now before sunday 3rd january 2021
Liverpool City Region Employers
Support your business by applying for the Programming/Software Development for the Workplace course.
You can apply if you:
- Want to upskill existing staff and significantly develop their digital skills and responsibilities and/or;
- Have vacancies which require digital skills
- Employ people from the Liverpool City Region
- Want training to contribute to business growth
- Have a workplace in the Liverpool City Region
Liverpool City Region Residents
Are you aged 19 or above, looking for work, already in work or are returning to work after some time out? Then the Programming/Software Development for the Workplace course could be for you!
You are eligible if you are:
- Living in the Liverpool City Region (Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens or Wirral)
- Aged 19+
- Working, recently unemployed within the last 12 months or looking for work e.g. coming back into the workforce
- Needing digital skills to take up a new role, or to significantly increase your responsibilities in your existing role