Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This course covers advanced plumbing and provides an introduction to design and gas principles.
The course contains the following units:
- Unit 201 Health and Safety in building services engineering
- Unit 301 Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Unit 302 Design assessment
- Unit 303 Complex cold water systems
- Unit 304 Complex hot water systems
- Unit 306 Complex central heating systems
- Unit 307 Domestic gas principles
This is a Study Programme and priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years of age.
Relevant Level 2 plumbing qualification at pass or above or equivalent and Grade 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent in Maths.
Satisfactory interview/assessment, school report and/or reference.
Office use only. Non Standard 5b.
To learn effectively on your course you will need to use certain items of equipment and undertake particular activities as part of your studies. To further enhance your learning experience the following will be required: Personal Protective Equipment - £40 Educational Visits - £35 If you need support with these costs, don't worry, click on the link below and complete a bursary application form. https://www.wmc.ac.uk/student-support/financial-support/bursaries-loans Equipment purchased will be yours to keep and you will be able to use them for practice at home and in your future career. N.B. prices correct as of 23/06/2021
Assessment will be completed by practical and online tests.
The course requires manual dexterity and physical stamina. You will need to handle tools and equipment.
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A* - C in English and maths (grade 4 or above)
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
If you are aged 19+ and living in the Liverpool City Region (inc Wirral), many courses will be free. If you are aged 19+ and live outside the Liverpool City Region, this course may be free. Terms & conditions apply.
If you are aged 19+, you may be able to apply for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (which is available for this course).
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £2850.00
This is a full level 3 course
The fee quoted is for the academic year 23/24.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form