Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
Entry Level in Essential Digital Skills is for people who want to develop basic understanding and skills using computers, tablets or mobile phones to allow them to find employment, pursue further study or improve confidence in today's computer orientated world.
Entry Level in Essential Digital Skills is for people who want to develop understanding and skills in digital. The qualification gives people the opportunity to:
- demonstrate the ability to develop an appropriate level of digital skills to use
- digital devices and the internet
- apply this knowledge and these skills in common situations
- develop communication skills using computers, tablets and mobile phones
There are no formal qualifications required but please see the 'Additional Information' section for foundation skills required.
Satisfactory interview, assessment and satisfactory reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Learners will be assessed by:
- Undertaking a task-based assessment in class
- Completing a question paper
- An observation by the tutor whilst carrying out a task
Learners must have the following foundation skills before enrolling on the qualification:
- turning on a device (including entering and updating any account information safely, such as a password)
- using the available controls on a device (such as a mouse and keyboard for a computer, or touchscreen on a smartphone or tablet)
- making use of accessibility tools (including assistive technology) to make devices easier to use (such as changing display settings to make content easier to read)
- interacting with the home screen on a device
- connecting to the internet (including Wi-Fi) safely and securely, and opening a browser
- opening and accessing an application on a device
Depending on prior qualifications and experience, learners can progress onto a range of adult programmes after completing this programme. This includes:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Mental Health
- Introduction to Criminology
- Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health
- Pre-Access to HE Health & Social Care
- Pre-Access to HE Humanities
- Access to HE Sociology & Criminology
- Access to HE Psychology and Mental Health
- Access to HE Nursing and Allied Health Professions
- Access to HE Midwifery and Professions Allied to Medicine
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
Starting 27th October 2023 - Ending - 22nd December 2023
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
Fee : £300.00
The fee quoted is for the academic year 23/24.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form