Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This qualification aims to develop and enhance skills required for the working environment, develop learners' confidence for employment and motivation, improve communication skills and personal effectiveness and provide a basis for further study.
The qualification is designed to prepare learners to enter the world of work.
The qualification is intended to be accessible to a wide range of learners of all abilities. Learners can develop a more 'hands on' approach to their learning and gain practical skills, knowledge and understanding in their chosen vocational area.
The objectives of these qualifications are to help learners to:
- enhance skills required for the working environment
- develop learners' confidence for employment and motivation
- improve communication skills and personal effectiveness
- provide a basis for further study
The following Units are covered:
- Unit 01 — Understanding mind-set (F/502/7216)
- Unit 16 — Working in a team (F/502/4267)
- Unit 17- Understanding conflict at work (L/600/1312)
- Unit 18 - Working with other employee's (H/502/4309)
- Unit 19 — Working with managers (G/502/4307)
- Unit 20 — Social media in the workplace (J/506/7217)
- Unit 21 — Understanding money at work (A/502/4316)
- Unit 22 — Deciding on the right job for you (D/502/4311)
- Unit 23 — Looking for work (K/502/4313)
- Unit 24 — Completing an application form (M/502/4314)
- Unit 25 — Getting ready for interview (T/502/4315)
No formal qualifications are required.
Satisfactory interview, assessment, school report and/or satisfactory reference.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Practical, worksheets and trips
This course will offer you the chance to increase your transferable skill set including, communication, resilience and problem-solving skills whilst enhancing your employability.
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 23/24.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form