T-Levels are new, further education courses which offer students practical and knowledge-based learning. Designed with leading businesses and employers, T-Levels give students the knowledge and skills they need to progress within their industry.
T-Levels provide a high quality, alternative to A-Levels and apprenticeships, through a combination of 80% classroom learning, and the remaining 20% being based in an industry placement, which lasts for a minimum of 45 days.
Principal Sue Higginson said “As a vocational college, the new T level qualifications at Wirral Met have been chosen to align with the local, regional and national demand for skills and are perfect for setting young people on the path to a job or further study at college or university.
“Our strong employer partnerships mean that we are able to offer students the best in industry placements, a curriculum designed and informed by sector specialists, and facilities that replicate real life working environments to further support learning whilst on campus.”
Wirral Met College began our range of T-Level courses in September 2022, and now have eight courses available to apply for in 2023, developed to support students in their learning and career progression.
The T-Level courses we have on offer for 2023 are:
- Onsite Construction - Carpentry and Joinery
- Digital Support Services
- Education & Childcare - Early Years Educator
- Digital Production, Design and Development
- Building Services Engineering for Construction
- Engineering, Manufacturing Processing and Control
- Media, Broadcast and Production
The reception from our students to these courses has been fantastic.
Tia Barnes, who is studying T-Level Education and Childcare said “I chose to do a T Level because I felt it was the best route to support me to progress to university to become a primary school teacher, which is what I want to do as a career.”
“What attracted me to the T Level was being able to learn in the classroom, but also get that hands-on experience with an employer on placement and really understand what it’s like working in that role.”
For more information visit T Levels (wmc.ac.uk)