Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This qualification is designed to provide learners with an understanding of the principles of working within the aviation sector. The primary purpose of this qualification is to allow learners to progress to employment in the aviation industry. The secondary purpose is to allow learners to explore different aspects of the aviation industry before specialising. This qualification will also allow learners to gain transferable skills that can be applied to the workplace or further study.
This qualification is designed for people who are focused on gaining employment within the Aviation industry. Units learners will cover include:
- Health and safety in aviation
- Aviation security
- Aviation communication
- Customer service in aviation
- Problem solving in aviation While completing this qualification, learners will develop the knowledge, essential skills and behaviours required by employers. These range from familiar 'key skills' such as team working, independent learning and problem solving, as well as:
- An appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress
- Appropriate interpersonal skills
- Communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or seniors
- Supporting other aspiring employees
- Personal manners and deportment
- Understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation. Learners will also have the opportunity to visit work-related environments such as airports and will learn from those currently within the industry.
This programme is assessed in a variety of ways including practical and written activities.
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 23/24.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form