Or Application Form to be returned to Student Services
This T level in Building Services Engineering for Construction will equip you with the skills, knowledge and behaviour to progress into a career in construction, specifically in areas such as electric installation and maintenance, plumbing or heating.
The T Level in Building Services Engineering for Construction will equip you with the skills, knowledge and industry experience to start your career in this growing sector. Equivalent to three A levels, this two-year technical qualification has been designed in collaboration with construction employers and partners so you can rest assured that the skills you develop are relevant and in demand. The course combines hands on learning, academic study and a minimum 45-day industry placement, giving you the opportunity to specialise in either Electrotechnical Engineering or Plumbing and Heating Engineering within your second year.
On this course you will develop a good understanding of the building services engineering sector, including:
- Health and safety
- The science behind building design, surveying and planning
- Making accurate and appropriate measurements
- Construction methods
- Building regulations and standards
- Data management and information standards in construction
- Relationship management and customer service
- How the Internet of Things (IoT) impacts construction
- Digital engineering techniques
- Mathematical techniques to solve construction problems
- Construction design
- Principles and processes
- The construction industry and its role in the economy
- Sustainability and the environmental impact of construction
- Business, commerce and corporate social responsibility
You will also learn about topics specific to building services engineering, including:
- Building technology principles
- Building services engineering systems
- Maintenance principles
- Tools, equipment and materials
This is a Study Programme for those aged 16-18 years of age.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs including Grade 5 or above in maths and 4 GCSEs at Grade 4/C or above including English Language.
Applicants should be ready to complete a work placement
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course. To discuss further, please contact the ESOL department on 0151 551 7144.
Steel toe capped boots.
You will be assessed through external assessments, practical assignments and an employer set project
While completing this qualification, you will have an opportunity to develop the essential skills, knowledge and behaviours employers look for in an employee.
These range from:
- workplace behaviour and dress
- interpersonal skills
- communicating with professional colleagues
- supporting other aspiring employees
- understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation
You can progress to employment, higher level apprenticeships or university.
Explore potential careers via Career Match — it provides current local data on wages and employment prospects.
If you are aged 16-18:
This study programme is free for students, who are aged 16-18 on 31 August, and students aged 19-24 with an Education, Health & Care Plan.
If you are aged 19 or over:
Did you know that many of our courses are free for students aged 19 and above?
Find out if you are eligible for free funding here, or contact our student service team on 0151 551 7777.
If you are required to pay a fee you may be entitled to an Adult Learner Loan or other financial support. For more information on support available visit Bursaries and Loans. We also allow payment by instalments for some courses.
The fee quoted is for the academic year 23/24.
For advice and guidance, please contact Student Services via our online enquiry form